Davis Polk and Autonomous Research discuss the OCC’s special-purpose national bank charter and its impact on growth-stage technology companies and financial incumbents. A wide range of business models and investors should understand the potential impact of the new charter. This webcast covers:
- Pros and cons of the charter
- Chartering process, including regulatory expectations and estimated cost of compliance
- Comparison to international regulators’ fintech efforts
- Analysis of the opportunities and challenges of the charter for various business models
- Implications for systemic innovation and global fintech competitiveness
Autonomous Research is a global research firm focused on financial firms and fintech innovation. For additional detail and analysis on the OCC’s special purpose national bank charter, please see the Davis Polk memo.